Jul 14, 2008

Eh. Exactly What I Expected.


So I didn't even bother to tell anyone. Ainsley had a scope (soft scope in the office, no anesthesia) scheduled today. My strategy for the past year has been don't expect much. It's easier to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed. It worked. I wasn't disappointed at all. Today's scope went exactly as as I suspected, the swelling looks the same. The only surprise was coming home to find my sister had helped the kids make popsicles out of lemonade and Tootsie Pops. Pretty cute. The Tootsie Pop colors the tip of the popsicle. I thought this was a craft my sister had come up with in place of a craft kit. No. It was all Evie's idea. I've gotten so cynical I'm not even going to go into all the details of how long we waited to be seen, how the respiratory therapist had to figure out how to check pressures on a PMV, how we discussed at length proper protocol for administering inhaled meds, debate over the necessity of the warm mist collar, debating over reflux meds, etc etc. Nah, not this time. Just no surprises, everything went exactly as expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment