Nov 27, 2009

Turkey Day One Day Late


Normally one of my favorite things about the holidays is taking pictures. But I was so busy cooking this year that I only took a few and this is about the best of them, but you can't see half of us. Oh well. Half way through dinner I kept hearing a beeping that was driving me crazy. It turned out Adrian was playing my brother's old chess video-game under the table, and now I can see that you can see him doing it in this picture. If only I'd noticed at the time. Pretty funny.

This is Steve's side of the family plus us, 15 in all. To all my family who I was too busy to call because I was cooking like a crazy lady all day: I'm sorry! And HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I wish I had a house big enough to invite everyone.


Ainsley had a great time and we made her a plate of food to play with while she sat at the table with us. She's getting pretty fearless and was kneeling on the chair. Yikes!


I was so busy cooking I didn't have time to make her blenderized food and she had canned for Thanksgiving. Booooo! But today I was able to spend the time to give her a proper Thanksgiving meal....just one day late. I am such a fan of a blenderized diet that I wanted to show you all that you can truly puree ANYTHING for the G-tube if you have a high speed blender.

Our Thanksgiving meal?:

turkey (of course)
mashed potatoes
candied sweet potatoes
gravy
stuffing
brussel sprouts with bacon
crescent rolls
carrots
peas
cranberry sauce
and....pumpkin pie on top

plus some of the usual ingredients: orange juice, milk, strawberry kefir, apple sauce, liquid vitamins and cod liver oil

About a minute later.

Thanksgiving meal in a bottle.

I have to admit it tastes strongly of dark turkey meat with a hint of pumpkin pie, and I'm grateful that I get to eat my Thanksgiving dinner the old fashioned way, one food at a time.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Day!

2 comments:

  1. Did you see my BIG news?? I won a Blendtec blender on twitter!! THANK YOU!!! If I had not seen your video fro Ainsley I would still be pining for a Vita-Mix. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the best place to find a Blendtec blender? I am about to start hunting.

    You are a wealth of information!

    ReplyDelete