Jun 1, 2010

Crawling 2 Weeks Post Cast Removal

At the cast removal I made a special point to ask about crawling, meaning when it would be okay for Ainsley to resume crawling. The surgeon said to wait 2-3 weeks. I've had my eye on this cheeky girl because when she was sitting on the floor last week I could see her thinking about it and moving onto her hands just a little, testing things. I had a feeling she was getting ready to try. Today marks 2 weeks since the cast was removed and sure enough she decided to crawl. Lucky me she was slow getting onto all fours and I was able to grab the camera so you get to see.

Bearing her weight on hands and knees, looking  a tad nervous, getting into position.......

Ready, Set, Crawl! (She looks so determined.)


She made it about 3 feet over to me and up on her knees.

It's a little early for this, so I'm not going to let her do it too much. And I could tell she was "done".  I'm not sure if it's painful or not, maybe just uncomfortable. It was great to see her moving! It's been 2 months.  I can almost imagine her fully recovered from this surgery.  I can't wait to test out those new hips! (Not until July though.)

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that Ainsley is mobile so soon after surgery. I can't believe how big she is getting either! She looks great.

    ReplyDelete