Nov 26, 2010

I Am Thankful For My Family

Sorry for my late post. It's not that I wasn't thinking about you all over the Thanksgiving Holiday. The week prior to Thanksgiving I'd been thinking of writing a clever top 10 things I am thankful for, I'd even started browsing through my photos for content but it just wasn't coming together. And then the day before Thanksgiving I got the terrible news that a friend's adorable little boy from the tracheostomy forum (which is really like family) unexpectedly passed away. Angus was so well loved and will be sorely missed. Please say a prayer for Angus' family and hug your loved ones extra tight.  With this horrible news I started a post about the comparatively high mortality rate for children with tracheostomies and how thankful I am for Ainsley's continuing good health despite all she's gone through but even with a thankful spin I thought it was just too depressing for Thanksgiving Day.  And so my Thanksgiving Post has turned into a post-Thanksgiving-Post. So this year I'm going to share a picture that says it all.


In 2008 we started a new tradition (I guess by now you know I really like traditions). Evie made this beautifully colored paper mache' "thankful bowl" in class. Everyone writes what they are thankful for (anonymously) on strips of paper and puts it in the bowl and then we read the thanks out loud. I thought Adrian's said it all. Friends near and far are part of our family too.  What's most important in life is our relationships with the people we love and who love us. There are many other things I am thankful for but that one is the most important to me.

But on a lighter note I do have one to add......
I am especially thankful that I did not have to cook a turkey dinner this year!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday.  

2 comments:

  1. Susan, I am thankful I have met you.
    A fair distance away but close to my heart.

    Much love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,

    Angus' passing has made me so sad, too. Not only am I truly going to miss him and Kate, but it is another reminder that one day it could be us having to post that about our girls. While it makes me so thankful to have Harlie, sometimes I would like the break of feeling the weight of the "what ifs". It is such a different life living like this.

    I love Evie's bowl. I think I'm going to copy that tradition. We are greatly in need of some tradition!

    Much love,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete