Oct 22, 2012

Happiness Week 42

We had a lot going on this week: Ainsley's 6th birthday, our 16th wedding anniversary, a soccer game, fall road clean up, Halloween decorating and a day at Remlinger Farms. I hope I'll have a chance to do a blog post and share more photos but come to think of it I still owe you a post from Salmon Days. It can be hard to make the time for extra blogging throughout the week but I'm sure that's no surprise.

I hope you had a good week whatever you were up to and that the coming week brings you many moments of happiness.

Daily Happiness Photos - Week 42

10/15 Something Different for Dinner
***
I get tired of eating the same old things and for some odd reason while grocery shopping I had the desire to make Spaghetti Squash for dinner. I roasted it and made a meat sauce with crushed tomatoes (a bit lighter than your regular spaghetti sauce) and served it with salad. It was pretty tasty and the kids actually ate it.  

10/16 Chicken Noodle Soup
***
Sure enough I was right, Evie was getting sick. She was tired in the morning but went to school anyway (it's hard to tell at 6am when you're tired on the best of mornings) and I had to pick her up from school a few hours later. In a weird way it makes me happy when I can bring my child home and give her/him a little TLC. It's a benefit of being a stay at home mom. After a nap Evie asked me to make her chicken noodle soup for dinner. After we ate she told me she meant Campbell's. We had a good laugh because that would have been a whole lot easier. But since we've been "under the weather" it was great to have a big pot of home made chicken noodle soup, enough to even have leftovers. Nothing is better when you're sick.
 
10/17 Clean Carpet
***
We had seriously soiled carpets in the TV room, as in covered with black spots (I was worried they might not come out and we might have to replace the carpet) so I hired a D.A. Burns to come clean them. They have a 250ft hose connected to a truck with some serious sucking power. I've used a Rug Doctor and a Bissell and there is no comparison. The dark areas in the picture are shadows not stains. I'm so happy that 

10/18 A Birthday Party
***
This year we decided not to throw a birthday party for Ainsley. She doesn't seem to care so it seemed like our time and money could be better spent. Still I wanted her to have a special day so I had the brilliant (if I do say so myself) idea to surprise her with a doll party. I had the table all made up when she got home from school. We then played together for an hour or so, it felt so great and she had so much fun! Of course we had our own celebration too. I promise to post more pictures later. 
 
10/19 Anniversary Dinner
***
I think if you ask anyone who's married (excluding newlyweds) they will admit that marriage can be tough. Having a child with medical issues and special needs child just adds more strain so we take pride in sticking together year after year, for us it is 16 years married (21 together). We are lucky to have Matador in Redmond, the food is fantastic and the atmosphere reminds us of our honeymoon in Spain and Portugal (even if the restaurant is technically more Mexican than Spanish). We had a great time and I think it might become our anniversary tradition.

10/20 Halloween Creepiness
***
After fall road clean up and soccer we pulled out the Halloween decorations. The kids always have so much fun decorating (I always need a drink or two to make it through). Evie and I made our pages for the entry way using some fantastic scrapbook papers I found. One of the papers had an invitation to Marie Laveau's House of Voodoo ball, so we cut it out and made an envelope for it (from my grandmother's 50 year old stash) addressed to Kerry Mehoff (get it? get it?!) and then completed the mortuary toe tag with her name dated with the same date as the ball. I got a sick pleasure when I had the idea to add some red food coloring "blood" to the string. My imagination really does get the better of me sometimes.

10/21 Pumpkins at Remlinger Farms
***
We made it to Remlinger Farms for their fall pumpkin harvest festival and picked out a wheelbarrow full of pumpkins. We rode the train, the model T cars, roller coaster, ate caramel apples, fresh made donuts and kettle corn, pet the farm animals and got soaked in the rain. It was great!

**********

To view a slideshow of the entire Happiness Photo Project click here. Confused about what this is or why I'm doing it? Click here for an explanation of what it's all about.

2 comments:

  1. My dear friend Susan - I am so sorry I have been so lame at leaving comments. Thank you for always stopping by Jack's blog AND for leaving comments. I do read your blog always.

    Congrats on 16 years together. That is a feat few can truly understand.

    It's always good to see pictures of the kids and get the updates. I love hearing about Ainsley's progress - it warms my heart to read about and see her take on and tackle so many new things.

    Lots of love!





    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,

    I SO wish we lived closer. I know your life is FAR from easy, but you do make it look like you have a lot of fun. I love your creativeness and wish some of it could rub off on me. Happy late Birthday to Ainsley. I don't know how I missed it! Awesome idea (yet again) for her birthday celebration. Oh, and I finished Wonder - will be calling you soon (I'm sick now, though, and have a terribly sore throat - so I don't want to talk on the phone). I can't wait to talk about it with you!

    Happy 16th Anniversary! I'm so glad you guys got to get out and enjoy it!

    Funny about the chicken noodle soup, by the way! Hope Evie's feeling better!
    xoxo,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete