Dec 10, 2012

Happiness Week 49

It's hard for me to believe that there are only 21 days left of 2012. Wow. That's all I can think of to say.  I have little on my mind but getting ready for Christmas. I hope you have a fabulous week!

Daily Happiness Photos - Week 49
 
12/03 A Wild Goose Chase
***
As I drove across the valley on this gray day to meet Evie's bus at the house, I spied a gaggle of geese in a field. "Evie, do you want to go somewhere real quick I asked?" I asked her, unwilling to answer her questions of where and why until she committed. I grabbed my camera and off we went on an adventure, a wild goose chase, shooting pictures from the car. Okay, so I'm taking liberties with the expression, we didn't actually get close enough to try to catch them but it was fun hunting for a safe place to try to snap some pictures (it's a busy 45mph road) before I had to meet the nurse and Ainsley back at the house. We felt like the paparazzi. There were hundreds of them(the specks on the green), and I so badly wanted to see them take flight as a group.

12/04 Pomegranate
***
They are so beautiful and fun to eat. They may provide many health benefits. We should all eat and enjoy them more often.

12/05 Organized Christmas Printables
***
I was being rather self-congratulatory that I was getting prepared Christmas much earlier this year. Then I found this website and was rather aghast to find there are people who have been on a 3 month plan. I'm going at my own pace, one holiday at a time, but I did find all kinds of cool FREE printable forms to help get myself organized. I wish I'd found this website years ago.  

12/06 Friendly Cardinal
***
I love this friendly little cardinal and decided to place him in my entry way this year(after replacing his dead batteries). He tweets and shakes his tail every time you walk by. He makes me smile.
 
12/07 Letters to Santa
***
I loved Adrian's letter to Santa this year! How refreshing.

12/08 A Real Party Like the Old Days
***
As we've grown older there are few raging parties these days but my friends Steve and Wendy still throw one every year. We arranged for "a sitter" (my sister Sheryl provides respite for us) so we could go. I'm glad we did. It was so fun and I had the perfect opportunity to regift these lovely earrings (metallic plastic flowers in a Tiffany's box) for their "Tacky White Elephant Gift Exchange". They actually looked quite nice on the lovely lady shown above and the irony was that she knew Kay, the quirky friend who gave the earrings to me at my wedding shower. They'd been passed around the group so it was high time to get them back in circulation. The much coveted mariachi lamp was stolen from me, instead we went home with a couple of used movies (Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and A Guide to Better Sex). You can imagine how thrilled I was about that.

12/09 Hair of the Dog
***
Today was tree trimming day (I've got the whole month planned out for the advent calendar with lots of days of just candy. Those are the best days. We went to the tree farm yesterday, perhaps I'll post photos later.), but Evie had to build a 3D model of a plant cell (she did a post sized watercolor of an animal cell yesterday). Of course that took nearly all day. It was late when we got to trimming and by that time I really just wanted to sit on the couch. But after a little "peppermint snow cone"(my own concoction) I was feeling pretty good. We have too many ornaments for too small a tree so after several hours we are only half done so the kids whined and pleaded to stay up but I made them go to bed.
**********

To view a slideshow of the entire Happiness Photo Project click here. Confused about what this is or why I'm doing it? Click here for an explanation of what it's all about.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that drink looks yummy! And I'll have to check out that organization website. I don't know that there's a cure for my organizational problems! My problem is that most of the stuff I have to do I don't want to do! Yuck!

    xo,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete